Assistant Project Manager
My client is currently looking to bring in an Assistant Project Manager predominately based in the South Wales region to work on projects with the Welsh Government.
About the role:
* Carrying out a key role in the inspection and management of disused colliery tip sites
* Compiling reports and specifying remedial and maintenance works
* Supervising contractors and consultants and liaising with statutory bodies and stakeholders to ensure the safety of disused colliery tips in Wales
* Supporting Regional Project Managers in delivering projects throughout the South Wales region whilst maintaining the flexibility to work across the UK coalfield
* Developing your knowledge and skills through work-based training and development to become an expert in your field
* A minimum HND / HNC in Civil Engineering, a full degree qualification in civil engineering, engineering geology, geotechnical engineering or mining engineering is highly desirable.
* Good knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental issues.
* Contractor and stakeholder management skills.
* A commitment to continued professional development and learning.
Experience in some of the following will be advantageous:
* Good knowledge of geotechnical engineering principles.
* Good knowledge of ground investigation works.
* Working knowledge of slope stability issues and calculations.
* A working knowledge of the management of disused tips and contaminated land.
* A working knowledge of AutoCad or similar software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status