Joining Ogi is a unique opportunity to work within an innovative Welsh business and one of the fastest-growing companies in Wales.
For many years, we've been providing mainstream internet and IT services as Spectrum Internet and Net Support UK. We rebranded to Ogi to represent our dedication to Welsh communities and received a significant multi-million-pound investment to deliver a large-scale and ambitious rollout of full fibre internet across South Wales.
Our award-winning People Experience Team is growing and we’re looking for an enthusiastic Junior Talent Partner to join our team.
We are more interested in “you” but a little about us first so we can paint a picture of our journey.
In the past 18 months, we have come a long way – We’ve gone from 20 to around 140 staff, gone from 1 office to 4 offices across South Wales including our brand new HQ in Hodge House, and had a huge amount of investment as well won a whole range of awards including HR team of the year.
It's busy… and it's going to stay busy for the foreseeable future. We’re a fast-paced tech start-up and we’re looking to bring someone on board who is keen to learn and work in a tight-knit team that is very hands-on with lots of room for growth.
We’re open to background, this isn't a typical ‘cold call’ recruitment role. Recourcers, 360, TA, Internal, RPO or Agency experience would be well-suited for this role. But you could also come from Sales, HR, Customer Care or just be keen to progress from something similar – full training is provided either way.
You should be detail orientated, with the ability to prioritise work as well as respect confidentiality and handle sensitive information. In terms of background/ attributes, we’re preferably looking for –
* A talent for interacting with new people and building relationships
* Ability to understand, research and make comprehensive notes
* The ability to make your own decisions and use your initiative
* Effective communication skills, including verbal, written, in person and video calls
* Resilience and positivity when faced with challenging situations
Overall, you should be passionate about getting the job done to high standards in a very varied role!
What you’ll be doing…
This is a hybrid role, 2/3 days a week in our Cardiff or Newport offices so we can meet up as a team, sit down talk about what we are working on, challenges, share our thoughts, come up with ideas, as well as meet up with the hiring managers you will be working with.
The rest of the week can be from home with frequent Teams calls… you’ll quickly gain an understanding of our culture and way of working and overall our focus will be to source candidates to join Ogi directly in different teams across the business.
As you grow in the role, you’ll support the full cycle of talent acquisition from advertising and screening candidates to interviews.
If you have been working in Recruitment previously, you’ll know the variety involved in a role like this, but to give you a general idea responsibilities will include:
* Sourcing and attracting candidates for a variety of roles and building talent pipelines
* Interviewing candidates at all levels
* Understand hiring needs and the talent landscape to advise internal stakeholders
* Writing job adverts and keeping up to date with the industry through attendance at meetings, events and reading relevant publications
* Partnering with Hiring Managers throughout the selection process to ensure we run thorough, fair and consistent hiring in line with our recruitment strategy
* Proactively utilise direct hiring sources to engage candidates e.g. LinkedIn, Job Boards, Network Referrals, etc. and grow your network to build strong pipelines
* Champion the Company values at all times and promote the Company culture in all that you do
* Reinforcing and developing our employer branding
* Taking initiatives to promote our Diversity and Inclusion strategy
* Support the People Team with any other duties as assigned.
We’re good at what we do and would love to talk through where and how we could help you progress with your next career move.
Please get in touch for a confidential chat, or to see the full job description. If you don't consider yourself as ticking all the requirements but you think you'd be a good fit for us, feel free to message for a chat too.