Joining Ogi is a unique opportunity to work within an innovative Welsh business and one of the fastest-growing companies in Wales.
For many years, we've been providing mainstream internet and IT services as Spectrum Internet and Net Support UK. We rebranded to Ogi to represent our dedication to Welsh communities and received a significant multi-million-pound investment to deliver a large-scale and ambitious rollout of full fibre internet across South Wales.
We are looking for an experienced Manager to look after our Service Operations (installation) crews across Central & East South Wales. This role will provide on-site leadership, direction, and development of the crews to ensure safe, on-time delivery of assigned fibre installations.
We are looking for someone who has knowledge of the Openreach network and experience in a similar level of role. You should be able to prioritise complex and varied workloads while paying close attention to detail.
You should have excellent customer-focused communication skills, be proactive in resolving engineering roadblocks, and be able to work independently across various geographic locations.
Other experience / attributes we’re looking for includes –
* Extensive & knowledge of fibre installation
* The ability to read a network fibre plan drawing
* A background in leading teams and driving improvements
* Experience auditing SSOW & quality checks
* Outstanding inter-personal skills including verbally and when writing emails / online
What you’ll be doing…
Working closely with the Head of Service Operations you will implement and analyse KPIs for the team as well as promote excellence in HSE, Quality, and Productivity.
You’ll focus on problem solving and working with Engineers to develop technical solutions to operational issues, with an emphasis on developing solutions that enable prompt connection of the Customer, liaising with the Head of Service Operations where the solutions may have an impact on budget or Customer connection timeline.
If you've worked in this field for a while, you'll be familiar with the variety that comes with a job like this. We need a strong, capable leader with high standards.
Role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Maintain productivity objectives as set by the Head of Service Operations.
* Active contractor management to ensure HSEQ and cost control maintained.
* Systems improvement including performance and efficiency improvements within Dynamics.
* Encourage standards for HSEQ by making sure that teams complete all job-specific risk assessments and method statements, actively promoting our values for health and safety.
* Encourage a high performance mindset and actively managing team performance. Taking corrective action when your team performs poorly and articulating a plan for improvement.
* Complete individual QA and ensure Team Leaders and Engineers carry out work in accordance with the required standard.
* Management and analysis of post-installation customer satisfaction surveys.
* Keep a training matrix in place to ensure that all engineers are properly trained and qualified.
* Ensure that team leaders are implementing training in accordance with the matrix.
* Maintain a risk register, in consultation with the Head of Service Operations.
* Update daily/weekly reports and review against objectives.
* Hold weekly meetings with Team Leaders/Engineers and report to Head of Service operations.
Please get in touch for a confidential chat, or to see the full job description. If you don't consider yourself as ticking all the requirements but you think you'd be a good fit for us, feel free to message for a chat too.